Name: Adam Ü
Birthplace: San Francisco, CA
Home Mountain: Mt. Baker, WA
TREW Kit: Cosmic, Eagle, and WyEast
Sponsors: TREW, K2, BCA, Scarpa, Smith
What can we say about Adam Ü? During the winter the best place to find him is near Chair 5 at Mt. Baker, either skiing underneath it flying off of
everything in sight or riding up it, yelling at you to stop sucking and do something cool. However, you’re also equally likely to find him on an expedition
in some distant mountain range in some exotic country, poring over maps and pioneering first descents. During the summer there’s a good chance he’s doing
his marine biologist thing on a boat in the middle of the ocean, pulling golf balls out of whales’ blowholes or shooting dolphins with crossbows in the
name of science. He’s equally likely to blow out your eardrums with the latest Metalmücil hit or croon your pants off with the most organic acoustic ballad
you’ve ever heard. Free heel or fixed heel, mountains or oceans, electric or acoustic, he’s got it covered.
What is your favorite music to ride too?
• My BC partners and I don’t listen to music when we ride.
Where is your favorite place to ride?
• Mt. Baker, WA; La Grave, France; Kirkwood, CA
What is your favorite thing about your kit?
• Staying dry, comfortable, and technylish while shredding.
Where in the world and with who, would be your ideal day of riding?
• There’s no place like home, although Japan is close and I’ve never been to Norway or AK.
Any advice for our up and coming am team riders?
• Do it because you love it – any other reason is the wrong reason. Spell check and proof read. Twitter/text-speak is not an acceptable way to communicate
What keeps you TREW to riding?
• It’s the best way to move in three dimensions because I can’t fly and I am a crappy surfer.
Check out some more info on Adam as well as some of his killer edits: